Saturday, August 11, 2012

Why not?

You know those times you make a bold statement, confidently announcing something you couldn't ever see yourself doing? Examples include, "I probably won't go to college" or "I would hate to be a teacher, dealing with kids all day!". Next thing you know, you find yourself in an elementary education class, eating your words. We've all been there, and I'm guilty of proclaiming things too quickly approximately twice a month.

In my normal fashion, I recall stating I would probably never have a blog, because it just didn't seem like my "kind of thing". But as I've learned a few times in my short life, my own assumptions about myself can get in the way of finding my "kind of things". Voila--a blog.

I'm finding myself interested in new things all the time, but there are some things I've been interested in since, well, forever. You might find a few of those in my blog title--eating, running, and coffee. To get a little more specific, I enjoy eating healthy, running for health/sanity/happiness/abs, and coffee because its so scrumptious. I love finding new recipes to try, and I get a rush from discovering a healthy version of an usually-awful-for-you treat. I often try to doctor up recipes myself to tone down all the bad stuff and increase the good-for-yous, all the while seeing if my husband is able to tell the difference. I must say, he is a champ at trying new (usually healthy) things and sweetly compliments my ability to "healthify" while having it taste the same. I'll be sharing my faves on here for you to check out!

As a former track and field athlete, running is my all-time favorite way to work out, with weight lifting a close second. However, it is good for the body to be challenged in new ways and I'm always brainstorming new workouts and exercises. As an ACSM personal trainer, I like making up workouts for people other than myself as well. Keep your eyes peeled, because I'll be posting fun exercises and tips for working out and getting (or staying) in shape.

Lastly, coffee. It doesn't need any explanation, does it? I love drinking it at home, trying new coffeehouses, hitting up the legends (aka Starbucks and Caribou Coffee), and searching for a recipe to make the identical twin to the caramel frappuccino. I'm still searching, but will be sure to share the moment I find the golden ticket (aka the recipe).

That's all for now, I've got a few more Olympic races to watch (I've avoided the spoilers!).

--KQ

2 comments:

  1. Dude so happy to welcome you to the blogger world;) and can't wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaah I love that you are blogging!!! I missed your wittiness! It seems like you are truly happy and doing what you love Kels :) miss you and best of luck out in DSM!

    ReplyDelete