Thursday, November 15, 2012

A rare, precious gem: Starbucks BOGO

Happy Thursday!! I hope your week is going great so far. I started my day off with power yoga at 6 am, so I'm feeling awesome so far! I got a free unlimited week of yoga at a new place right by me, if you're in the Des Moines area you should check it out! Their website is powerlifeyoga.com.

Guess what?! I got another glorious email from Starbucks (as most of them are) telling me some good news, and I'm going to share it!

Hooray! Bring a friend to Starbucks and toast to the half price-ness of BOGOs! :) If that doesn't make your Thursday, I don't know what will! Just try not to go every day of the BOGO, the amount of sugar in those lovely holiday drinks will make health nuts and your dentist alike shutter. ;) My trick is to cut way down on the pumps of syrup so it isn't so sweet! But still delish, obviously. Aaaand at an extra 100 calories for a tiny dollop, I usually cut that beautiful whipped topping. I swear they put something addictive in it... ;)

Drastic topic change; have any of you avid runners/work outers/fitness clothing fanatics seen the new Nike stay warm tights? I found myself in the Nike section (imagine that) and suddenly I was face to face with several pairs of colored long running tights! Could this be true?! I saw them at Dick's Sporting Goods, but haven't checked Scheels for these beauties yet. Nike makes plenty of brightly colored clothing, but their tights for outdoor winter running tend to be plain black. Not anymore! Another bonus? They were only $55! I'm pretty sure their long sleeved tops are that price, so I was super pumped at the not-breaking-the-bank price! Hello, Christmas list ;)

I found a recipe to healthify! I have started to change it, but haven't actually made it yet, so I will be putting up the healthified version and hopefully a few pictures in my next post! If you want to check out the original recipe, you can find it here!

I'm off to run before rallying through my work day! Let's see if my morning power yoga propels me through the day, easy breezy ;) Enjoy your Thursday!

--KQ

3 comments:

  1. I looked at the bread recipe and think I'll try it, too! Looks so good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! Check back in the next few days for my "healthified" version of the bread!! :D

      Delete
  2. nike stay warm tights look so nice!

    ReplyDelete