Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Commitment Issues? To Exercise, of Course.

Great news; it is Wednesday! With latte making, plenty of weed destructing and lower humidity, today has been a win so far. Plus, my blog was invited onto Recipes US last night, which got me pretty excited! Now I get to stare in awe at the number of hits a week on some of those food blogs. It is insanely awesome!

In other news, my wonderful yoga studio (Power Life Yoga) started a 20/30 challenge on Monday that I'm doing! 20/30 means you take 20+ yoga classes in 30 days and talk about it via social media as you progress.   They did it once last year right when I started going, so I didn't do it and I'm really excited that I am this time!  It is fun to try something different and sometimes harder than our normal routine. It wouldn't be a challenge if I was told to run 20 times in 30 days, now would it? My triceps are already whimpering a little and its Day 3, but I'm pumped about the next 27. :)

The challenge got me thinking about ways we motivate ourselves and others when it comes to exercise. I know some people have a much harder time convincing themselves to exercise than others, and there are tons of ways to go about it. But setting a short time goal such as a certain number of times in a month is a perfect way to get yourself amped up! Print yourself out a calendar and mark off the days you complete (or if you're cool like Power Life, put a fun sticker on each day!).  Whether its taking advantage of the warm (okay, hot-but-not-stifling) evening and going for a walk or busting out squats a few times each week, what matters is you set your mind on something and you achieved it. Reward yourself when you finish the goal! It doesn't have to be a huge reward, or even tangible. Go see a movie, get a pedicure, take yourself shopping for some new workout shorts.

So fire up your printers (or just use a calendar on your computer/phone since its 2013 and I'm the only one left without a smart phone to do these neat-o things) and set some short term goals! Then make yourself an iced coffee and you, my friend, are on the fast track.

Until next time!

--KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment