Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baked Oatmeal Minies!

Happy Sunday morning! Its weird I'm blogging right now, right? But I found myself with a little time and a fun  brand-new recipe to share so I thought, why not? How's your weekend been so far?? Mine has been wonderful! I saw best friends, a beautiful new baby (courtesy of one of those best friends!), and my parents! Plus I had this

A wonderfully delicious reminiscent of my college days. AKA a latte from Java House in one of their massive for-here mugs :) Even the foam is awesome with its creamy design!

This morning I awoke feeling inspired when thoughts of breakfast floated into my sleepy mind, and decided to whip up a little something fun! A dash of this and that and 15 minutes later I had these cute little baked oatmeals!


I topped one with peanut butter, one with raspberry preserves. I was being indecisive and knew they'd both be delicious, so I chose to try one of each! :)

They were super moist and filling and lovely for a Sunday morning, or really any morning where you've got approximately 17 minutes and an oven!

Baked Oatmeal Minies

Makes 2 muffin-sized minies

Ingredients:

1/4 cup oats
1/2 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon (let's be honest I didn't measure this one)
1/2 tbsp shredded raw coconut
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
optional: sugar/stevia/whatever sweetener you want (I didn't use any and it was plenty sweet with the banana and coconut!)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Put your oats, banana, vanilla and baking powder in a small bowl and mash it all together until all the banana chunks are smooth. Add in your cinnamon, coconut and almondmilk and mix it all together until its a nice smooth paste. If it seems a little dry, add a splash more almondmilk. Spray two muffin cups on a muffin pan and divvy up the batter between the two cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes (15 if you want them softer in the middle, 20 if you're looking for a denser, chewier version). Take out of the pan and spread them with whatever you want, or just eat them plain! I enjoyed mine with ice cold milk :)

Nutrition: (per 2 minies without any toppings)
 150 calories, 3.5 g fat, 3.5 g fiber, 3 g protein
(sorry for the weird angle, the silly blog won't let me rotate it)

You could add blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or anything you wanted if you had some! I was out of blueberries or I would've thrown some in :) 

That's all I've got on this icy Sunday morning! I'll be back soon though, because I've got an awesome, easy lunch recipe to share that I ate several times last week! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend :)

--KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment