Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The H.E.A.T. Sanch

Hey guys! Hope the start of your week is going well; ready for some snow?? If not, find a yummy-looking hot drink recipe and get excited! Thunderstorm one night, snowstorm the next. Iowa weather is such a tease sometimes ;)

As promised, I have a quick, easy recipe for you! Its perfect for lunch, but could totally pass for a breakfast or dinner sandwich too :) I got the idea from this great blog, and just switched out the red pepper for tomato because I didn't have any red peppers! This was the result:


Yumsville. All you need is 10 minutes to hard boil an egg, and you're cruising to a delish sanch!

H.E.A.T. (hummus/egg/avocado/tomato) Sanch

1 100% whole wheat sandwich thin
1 egg, hard boiled
1/2 avocado
1/2 tomato
spinach (optional if you don't want any crunch; I didn't think to put any on mine at first but realized after it'd be lovely)
1-1 1/2 tsp hummus (I used chipotle hummus!)
pepper
paprika (optional)

Hard boil your egg. Meanwhile, toast your sandwich thin until its slightly golden brown. Slice the tomato and lay it on the sandwich thin. Next, slice your avocado and layer the slices on top of the tomato. Sprinkle with pepper. Spread hummus on the top part of the sandwich thin. Once the egg is ready, peel it and slice on top of the tomato. Sprinkle with paprika (if you love it like I do). Toss on some spinach, add the top of your sandwich thin, and eat up! So delish and perfect if you don't have much time for lunch! Hard boil your egg ahead of time to make this dish even quicker! :)

I hope you give the sanch a try! You won't even miss the lunch meat, I promise :) I'm off to work but I'll be back soon, bringing a recipe and/or new workout to share! Have a fabulous day (or just go be fabulous) ;)

--KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment