Thursday, February 28, 2013

An Apple a Day!

Hi guys! Hope your week is going splendidly; if not, hooray for today already being Thursday! Hang in there until Friday :)

I love fruit, and I really do eat an apple every day because I love them! My new fave type of apple? Pacific Rose!

I've only found them at Hy-Vee (I wonder why? No clue. ) but apparently they have a Twitter account (that's where I found the picture) so snag some up if you've got a Hy-Vee near you or hit them up on Twitter to find other stores that carry them! Usually I eat my apples straight up (read: plain), but I saw an idea for a dip on Pinterest and decided to try it with the slightly-sour Pink Lady apples I picked up. To be honest, I just glanced at the pin and didn't look at any of the measurements or logistics of the recipe, but it seemed simple so I winged the measurements, flipped an ingredient and voila! Turned out even more delicious than I imagined it would be. I don't get the credit for this, since someone out there made it up and slapped it on Pinterest for me to glance at, but I hope you try it and love whoever thought up the idea! :)



PBG dip
serves 1 apple (so I suppose one person, since it'd be silly to share an apple!)

1 1/2 Tbsp. Fage plain fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 Tbsp. Smucker's Organic Creamy Peanut Butter (so good!!)
1/2 tsp. agave nectar (I think the recipe I glanced at had honey instead? I'm sure it'd be good too)
sprinkling of cinnamon

Nutrition: 72.5 calories, 4 g fat, 3.5 g sugar

Mix all four ingredients together in a little bowl and have a taste test. If you like things a bit sweeter, add a tad more agave. Serve it up with your favorite apple, all sliced up!

If you are obsessed with peanut butter, you could totally up it to a tablespoon for super creamy peanut butter-ness in the dip. Its your call :)

I'm outta here, with one last word of advice; have an extra cup of joe and power through your Thursday! There's always a good reason to drink extra coffee ;)

--KQ






No comments:

Post a Comment