Monday, February 25, 2013

New Fruit and Lasagna (NOT combined!)

Hi guys, hope you had a marvelous weekend! Mine was fabulous, and tonight is my night OFF so I'm all smiles! I have some things to share!

ONE. I found a new (to me, at least) fruit, and it is DELICIOUS! It is called a minneola, and it is a cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit! It was on the end cap at Trader Joe's and its bright orange color and fun shape pulled me right in and forced me to get one to try! I'm a sucker for pretty fruit I guess :) If you wanna read more about it, you can here!


TWO. I just picked up a second box of Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Rooiboos Tea because its amazing and I went through the first box in less than three weeks! It has a mild vanilla flavor and a wonderful smell and its perfectly sweet and soothing without adding anything! Plus, let's be honest, it is awesome to get to say "rooiboos" every time  I have a cup ;) You can read about the bennies of rooiboos tea here if you'd like!

THREE. I've been meaning to share this recipe for over  a month but kept forgetting and would blog about something else! Alas, it is time to share the non-noodle lasagna! This recipe isn't mine, I got it from this awesome blog called What Runs Lori, and she cleverly named it paleasagna, because it falls into the category of a Paleo diet recipe! I myself do not follow the Paleo diet, but I like trying fun new recipes with a twist such as this paleasagna! The zucchini subbing in for noodles is amazing, and the only thing I changed was taking out the goat cheese in the broccoli/yogurt mixture and only putting it on top, along with a little parmesan cheese. Riley loved it too, so it passed the "cook it for a guy" test ;) Let me know if you try out the recipe, and what your thoughts are!

That's all I've got for today, I'm headed to do some cross-training! Have a wonderful Monday night; I think there's a new episode of How I Met Your Mother on if that helps ;) But Google it to make certain!!

--KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment