Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Share Recipes & Cookie Cakes

Hi guys! Sorry its been a little while, I've been all over the place (literally), but I'm back! I went to Fort Worth for a family wedding this past weekend and remembered how much better it is to run in 70 degree weather as opposed to 17 degree weather. But alas, I find myself back in West Des Moines where apparently temperatures above 30 are not possible. However, I think I appreciated the sunshine and warmth that much more because I knew what I was coming back to ;) I hope your weekend was wonderful and you're having a great week!

Rather than share a recipe of my own, i'm sharing a new one I tried of someone else's! That someone else would be Chocolate Covered Katie, of whom anyone with a Pinterest has probably heard of! She has this amazing healthy dessert blog that is super popular and fun and I'm always scoping it out for fun recipes! The one I'm sharing today is an older recipe of hers that I finally got around to trying. It is higher in sugar than recipes I usually make, but its still far better for you than your normal cookie dessert and it makes A LOT so it is basically just awesome. :) The only thing I did different was use mini chocolate chips so it wasn't quite half a cup. Here is the link to her awesome website, and here is the link to her recipe!! All credit goes to CCK :)

Giant Chocolate-Chip Cookie Cake


1/2 cup quick oats
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 can white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed) (250g)
1.5 tbsp oil (vegetable or coconut or canola)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar (You can try adding less, if you’re used to healthy desserts. Also, white sugar will work if you don’t have brown, but brown is recommended for the best taste. I can’t personally vouch for the results, but some commenters have reported success with xylitol, if you want it sugar-free.)
1/2 cup chocolate chips



Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a food processor. Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan. Cook at 350 F for around 20 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

Yum! I love secret ingredients that people don't even notice ;) Let me know if you try it out, or if you try any other of her healthy dessert recipes!

I'll be back soon with a workout, and who knows, maybe I'll bring along a newly healthified recipe to share! I've had to tweak my own eating a bit, so the recipe may be a totally new type, get excited! Love and (healthy) cupcakes.

--KQ




No comments:

Post a Comment