Thursday, March 21, 2013

Feel the (Yogi) Burn



Happy Thursday afternoon! Tomorrow is Friday, the sun is shining (though not warming, but I swear I'm not complaining) and I found a healthy ranch recipe to try to fool my husband with, so things are lookin' good!

My work schedule is nearly identical to that of my lovely yoga studio (not surprising since we're in the same job field, huh?), so I couldn't make it to a class this morning. Post coffee consumption I was feeling old and stiff but had postponed my run until the hopefully-warmer afternoon. Solution? I hit up Tara Stiles on Youtube! She has some great at-home vids if you're looking for a little yoga boost mid-day (or morning, or night!) and after I finished a few I decided to toss some awesome yoga moves into a little circuit for you! Add some running or maybe a little jaunt on the elliptical in after you do this and you are set for a core+arms+buns day :)

Core.Arms.Buns.

3 times through; add a couple sprints on a track, treadmill or bike in between if you're feeling awesome

15 drop squats (standing still, slight pop up then quickly drop into bottom of squat position)
yoga boat pose
http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/08/    
5 chaturangas to high plank (video! But push back to high plank rather than upward dog)
HOLD boat pose-30 seconds (keep that spine straight!) ------>
15 fire hydrants each leg (video!)
10 wide-hand 3-count push-ups (count to 3 as you lower)
10 knee-to-chest in downward dog-lift one foot off ground, then pull your belly button in as you pull your knee to your opposite elbow! 10 each leg
20 curtsy lunges each leg                                                                        
20 tricep dips off a chair or bench
24 bicycle crunches-crunch UP towards one knee with other leg extended, relax back down, then crunch up to the other side. This is a slower move, don't go super fast switching sides!

Repeeeeat! Then repeat again :)

Let me know if you have any questions! I hope you like the yoga thrown in to routine, I think it adds a fun little twist with a nice burn ;)

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday! You can always do your workout while watching a March Madness game, there's only a gazillion on TV at any given moment ;)

--KQ





                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment