Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Girl Scout Creamer and Smoothies!

Hi everyone! How was your weekend and your Mother's Day?? Hopefully you told your mom how amazing she was and wined and dined her! Or at least took her to brunch. ;) We spent the weekend with my in-laws and brother-in-law at a basketball tournament and it was a blast! I forgot about the basketball tournament life; playing three games in a matter of 5 hours in a gym with 4 games going on at once. Its not glamorous but it was kind of fun! Anyways.

First. A new coffee creamer. It is so delicious, let me tell you! Its based on those coconut and caramel Girl Scout cookies. What are those called?! Ah, yes, Samoa. Thank you, Google. Though I haven't had one in forever, I'm pretty sure it makes your coffee taste just like one.

It is so good. I find myself debating drinking extra cups after I finish my usual number just for the goodness. ;) I found it at Hy-Vee but I've heard it will be at Target and other grocery stores as well! There's also a thin mint flavor. So that's real.

Next! Its supposed to be 90 here today, which means sharing a cold smoothie is totally called for! :) This has been my new go-to smoothie; the creaminess and the peanut butter-ness is a perfect duo. Plus, it takes two minutes to make, no exaggeration. Feel free to add in some Greek yogurt for more protein!!

Banana Love Smoothie
serves 1

1 banana, sliced into small pieces and frozen
4 slices frozen peach
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon peanut butter
milk of your choice (or water if you want it less creamy)

In a magic bullet cup or blender, add the banana and peach. Pour in your orange juice, then add the peanut butter on top. Pour in milk until it is close to the top of the frozen fruit, but not covering it. (If you want a thinner smoothie, keep pouring until it covers the frozen fruit). Put on the lid and blend for 1 minute until you can see any chunks or hear any being blended! Sit outside or inside your 80 degree apartment and enjoy. :)

Nutrition (using about 1/2 cup of almondmilk): 285 calories, 8 grams fat, 6.1 grams protein

This is perfect for adding to your breakfast or lunch, or having as a snack! It'd be perfect for after a workout if you tossed in some protein powder or Greek yogurt to up the protein. And did I mention it tastes really good?? :)

Enjoy the heat today! Remember our days of snow and bitter cold to stop yourself from cursing it when you have to turn on the AC in your car. ;) Happy Tuesday!

--KQ



No comments:

Post a Comment