Thursday, June 6, 2013

Healthy...Brownies?

Hello, hello and happy Thursday! I apologize for my longer-than-usual absence from blogging; things got a little crazy! How's your week been going?

So. I got tested for Celiac disease and found out I'm also very allergic to dairy, tree nuts, soy, legumes....the list goes on. Seriously. The good news is I don't go into anaphylactic shock or anything crazy, my immune system just responds making me feel super sick. The other good news is at least I know and can start avoiding those things! Which means I pretty much eat veggies, fruit, fish, meat and potatoes. For reals. But hey, whatever it takes. Plus, I wasn't allergic to coffee so all is not wrong with the world. ;) But regardless of this craziness, I'll still be posting "normal" healthified recipes! After all, my hubby can still eat all foods. He'll just get more for himself! Rest assured you'll be receiving healthy recipes, etc. as well as a few allergen-free (wish me luck creating those...) along with the norm. Enough about me!

Let's talk brownies. If you look at a box mix of brownies, the first ingredient is sugar. Surprising? Not at all. Justifiably "decent enough" to eat one daily? Still no. Unless...you find a re-creation of the original fudge brownie! Check. Chocolate Covered Katie has pulled through again with a black bean brownie recipe that tastes exactly like normal fudge brownies. I fooled all my usual test tasters, and they are sort of pros on trying to guess my healthifications. Just try them. Find the recipe here! All credits and glass raising to CCK for that one!!

Short and sweet today; I'll be back tomorrow with a workout for you! Au revoir!

--KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment