Monday, June 17, 2013

In a Coffee Rut?

Hello and happy Monday! I apologize for my longer-than-normal lack of post, I'm blaming it on the hustle of buying a house and such. ;) But I have returned with something a bit different for today!

In honor of Small Business Week (Google told me so it must be true), I'm giving a shout out to locally owned coffee shops. As much as myself and billions of others love Starbucks and Caribou Coffee, we know they pull in oodles of money from their delicious coffee drinks. In the coffee world, any small coffee shop that succeeds has stood among the giants and deserves some credit. Local coffee shops always have their own unique atmosphere that I love!! Java Joe's has tons of games you can play while you sip (Mancala anyone??) while others serve up legendary milkshakes right alongside their lattes (Smokey Row's!). Plus, the array of special drinks is too good to pass up.

So, hop on over to Google for the 47th time today and type in coffee shops to find a new one.



Now, there are two kinds of coffee ruts. One is when you need to switch up your coffee outing experience, as we just discussed. The other is when you're bored with your brew at home. Alas, we've all been there. Here are my fave options for when the boredom strikes:

1. Pick up a few $1.00 "trial" packets of flavored coffee in the coffee aisle. This way you get to try a bunch without committing to 40 brews of the same flavor.

2. Brew your coffee super strong and pour it over some ice. Maybe even in your iced coffee to-go cup you own (I know I'm not the only one that owns one...). Voila, summer coffee!

3. Sprinkle some cinnamon into your cup. Seriously, its wonderful whether you drink it straight black or mostly cream with a dash of coffee. :)

4. Toss a cup (and some extra ice)  into your banana smoothie and pat yourself on the back for caffeinating your breakfast like a champ.

5. Stir a bit of a hot cocoa mix into your coffee! (This is not my own idea, I learned it from another coffee-obsessed friend. Talk about innovative!).

Ruts are lame and shouldn't be hung out in for long. Go brew a new pot, and I'll talk to you again soon! ;)

--KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment