Monday, February 3, 2014

ShareAThon (Chicken Salad Wraps)


Happy Monday!

How was your weekend? I hope you're answering in your head with "Spectacular!". Mine was filled with loads of coffee (nothing new there), pages and pages of Harry Potter (let the judging begin), and watching lovely friends run. And of course, watching football. What more can you ask for? (P.S. here's -------> my new favorite coffee mug; YES it has a built-in hand warmer!!! My mom just gets me, you know?)





I also did a bit of cooking. I experimented with a new version of gluten-free cornbread, but its not quite up to sharing standards yet, you see. So instead, I thought I'd do a little sharing of other beloved recipes. Most aren't my own, but these are favorites that I frequent on the regular, and you should too, because they are all delicious. Credit to the minds who wonder up these creations!

*Sweet-potato-crusted fish (its even better than you're imagining)
*I've been dying to try this crockpot spaghetti sauce
*Sweet potato burritos with avocado sauce...ridiculously good
*This smoothie...with a little protein perhaps? (of the hemp kind, if you're dairy/soy-allergy-laden).
*Polenta pizza! Much easier than the whole cauliflower deal...
*Finally, the chicken salad lettuce wrap! AKA my go-to lunch.

If you've ever been on Pinterest, you have surely seen this picture/recipe. However, after searching numerous links, I couldn't find the original recipe source anywhere! The recipe simply comes along with that beautiful picture. So, credit goes to someone out there, wrapping up lettuce wraps like a pro. Here's my version of the recipe-there are loads of different versions, so switch it up however you'd like!

Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
serves 1

1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast (1-2 small chicken tenderloins)
1/2 apple, chopped up (your choice on the apple!)
6-8 chopped red or black grapes (or more if you're all about the grapes)
1/2-1 Tbsp. sunflower butter (I like less, but if you like it sweeter, bump up to 1 Tbsp.)
1/4 of an avocado, smashed
butter lettuce

Mix up all ingredients in a small bowl, then spoon the mixture onto your butter lettuce and wrap it up. If you're going for looks on the wrap, use a toothpick to (try) to keep the wrap together better. Collard greens would also work in place of the butter lettuce.

That's all I've got to share for the day. Now to start back to being productive. ;)

--KQ



No comments:

Post a Comment