Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall Leaves! (and a Living Room Circuit!)

Hi! Happy Thursday! I've always loved me a good Thursday, with all that anticipation and promise the weekend holds lying ahead of you. The temps dropped big time over here in central Iowa, and with the wind rustling the pretty leaves, all I can think about is sipping lattes, cuddling, and reading a book! I'm completely bookless (I've accidentally still been on strike since college ended...you know how that goes), but Rory the kitten is cuddling on my shoulder and I've got a killer pumpkin spice latte recipe, so you could say I'm pretty set! Alas, I'm all talk and no game when it comes to these relaxing activities I'm discussing, since I've got some errands to run before I head back to work, but you never know, I might still sneak a homemade latte in!

Before I share a circuit I have for you, I must tell of the wonderfulness that showed up in my mailbox on Monday! It was....

a postcard from my old friend Starbucks, for a FREE DRINK OF MY CHOICE!  EEEH, best day ever!!!! I had swiped my gleaming gold card (if you don't have one, get one!) 15 times, and Starbucks rewarded me for my hard work (aka all the money I dropped on that place). YIPPEE! I haven't used it yet (I'm saving it for the perfect moment, you know?), but don't fret, I'm sure I'll go on about it after I enjoy all the free goodness. :)

Now, onto a workout! I know the weather deters some people from working out (which is too bad because runs feel better when its 50 degrees out!), so I've got a do-it-in-your-living-room-while-gazing-at-the-autumn-leaves-outside circuit for you instead! This way, you don't have to haul yourself to the gym and you don't have an excuse not to do something at home. :) Yay for getting around excuses! teehee. One note- if you're doing this workout on the 3rd floor of an apartment building, make sure its at a time where your neighbors below aren't home to bang on your floor because you're being a little loud. :)

Fight-The-Couch-Potatoness Circuit

50 jumping jacks
40 mountain climbers
30 lunges
20 push ups
10 leg lifts

rest 1 minute

30 second plank, feet on couch
20 tricep dips (works best off coffee table or chair)
10 squats

rest 20 seconds, repeat one more time through.

30 skater lunges (step foot behind other leg and back-15 each leg)
25 toe touch crunches
20 one-legged hip lifts (20 each leg)
15 push ups
10 supermans
5 burpees

If you're wiped, you are done! If you've still got energy, rest 2 minutes then do the whole thing again!

Let me know if you have any questions about exercises! Or if you have any comments, like it needs to be way harder ;) I'm off to my errands and coffee drinking (what's new?), have a lovely Thursday!

--KQ

No comments:

Post a Comment